Our fabulous private Chef ‘Kate’ has her bio to give you a taste to what to expect & a little on her personal background in cooking.
My professional cooking journey began over 10 years ago and has taken me through Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant, here in Cornwall to cooking all over the world for a wide range of guests. From billionaires on their private yachts to surfing athletes, beach side restaurants, vegan yoga retreats and all the way through to alfresco bbq meat feasts.
My style is adaptable and yet centres around fresh, vibrant, tasty and healthy food. I love cooking Mediterranean and Asian and throw in some French classics here and there. I’m also not afraid to break cooking traditions to come up with creative, delicious meals and menus!
My ethos is to respect all ingredients and the processes they have undergone to be present on your plate. As much as possible I use seasonal and local ingredients – don’t be surprised if part of your meal was foraged from the beautiful natural surroundings we have in Cornwall!
When it comes to cooking for you, let’s have a chat. I like to get to know client’s culinary wishes, devising bespoke menus based on you and your guests tastes combined with what’s seasonal and fresh at the time.
I have vast experience and a love for cooking vegetarian and vegan food, so of that’s what you’d like I can certainly cater for you!
Prices start from around £350 for a private dining experience for 2 – 4 people. For groups of 6 -10 costs are from £80 per head.
Either send me a WhatsApp or give me a call on 07482192088 or email email@example.com
Canapes and starters....
- Cracked Crab claws with a lime and basil aoli
- Wild mushroom aranchini with truffle mayo and parmesan crisp
- Chilli and beetroot gazpacho topped by a local oyster with a mezcal dirty martini dressing and foraged rock samphire
- Scallops served in the shell with a Chorizo salsa
- Fennel, chilli and soy infused Pork belly with pickled red cabbage, Chipotle Mayo
- Smoke mackerel pate with horseradish, chive, smoking gomacho (smoked paprika and seseame seeds), wild foraged sea lettuce on cucumber slices
Mains and sides....
- Pan-seared local seabass with crispy capers
- Grilled lobster halves with garlic chili and lime zest butter
- Roasted chicken thighs with lemon, thyme, caramelised garlic bulbs, and fresh parsley
Wilted seasonal greens and sea spinach with crispy garlic
- Garlic and rosemary roasted new potatoes
- New potatoes served with salsa verde (served warm)
- Blanched local asparagus with lemon and siracha aoli
- Cumin seed grilled aubergine halves topped with feta, red onion, mint, pomegranate, rocket and toasted flaked almonds with a balsamic dressing
- Pan-fried little gem lettuce quarters with wild fennel and caper beurre noisette, chives
- Roasted whole heritage carrots with fennel and cumin seed, caramelised garlic cloves honey glazed with soy fried crispy seeds and fresh herbs
- Radish and fresh seasonal greens salad with lemon, sunflower seed, and miso dressing.
- Cheese plate can also be catered for)
- Sage infused lemon tarte with a rosemary and thyme short bread base. Summer berry and wild elderflower coulis.
- Crystallised clover flowers
- Pavlova with summer fruits and a wild foraged elderflower and berry Coulis. Crystallised clover flowers and fresh mint.
- Biscoff buscuit based White chocolate cheesecake done 2 ways… Baked and fresh, served with strawberry Coulis and fresh strawberries.
- Guilt free, plant based vegan version of banoffee pie
- Guilt free, plant based vegan chocolate and coconut torte
- The last two desserts below might lack in processed sugars, dairy and gluten but they certainly don’t lack in flavour and enjoyment!