Drake is a quaint, two-bedroom terraced cottage with a lovely garden and patio area looking right out to sea. Families or friends can enjoy a barbecue outside, or enjoy dinner with panoramic sea views from the sunny conservatory. The cottage has two bright upstairs bedrooms, a double master bedroom looking out at sea, and an airy twin room. This cottage lies just moments away from the two pretty beaches of Finny and Portwrinkle, popular with surfers, walkers and spear fishers, or just those looking to relax and soak up the sun, or the blustery wind, depending on the day! Portwrinkle lies at the end of the Whitsand Bay Peninsula, affectionately known by locals as “the forgotten corner of Cornwall”, being as it is much less developed by tourism and remaining, for the moment at least, a bit of a local secret.
One of our Coastguard cottages, Drake is the third terraced house counting from the left at the very bottom of Finnygook lane. Entrance to this rustic, old-fashioned and charming cottage is gained around the back and accessed with a key found in the key minder next to the back door.
There is parking for 1 car, and this is located outside the garages alongside the cottages.
From the little private courtyard, where a washing line is provided, you enter into the large, bright kitchen which includes an electric oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher and freestanding fridge/freezer as well as all the crockery, cutlery, pots and pans that you may need during your stay. The washing machine is also to be found here.
Just off to the right of the kitchen, is the bathroom which has a large washbasin, separate shower and a large circular bath, with plenty of room for two.
Next to the fridge/freezer you will find two spacious cupboards with plenty of room for coats and extra luggage, as well as having access to the central heating.
The living room has two comfy sofas a large coffee table, book shelves with a few books, LED satellite TV and freeview box.
A door from the living room leads out into the spacious conservatory with stunning sea views. The large dining table with ample seating is also found here making it an ideal setting for your breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Outside on the patio is a comfortable table and chairs next to the built-in BBQ, looking out onto a garden with an extra table and seating and the magnificent sea view. The garden is secured with a bottom gate.
Upstairs are two bedrooms, a twin room with a view of the courtyard and a master bedroom with panoramic ocean view. There is also an upstairs toilet.
- Two bedrooms – Master bedroom with King bed, 2nd bedroom with twin beds
- Bathroom downstairs with separate bath and shower
- Upstairs toilet
- Private designated parking
- Garden, terrace and barbecue area
- Sea views
- 18 hole Golf course nearby
- Washing machine & Outside drying facilities
- Vacuum cleaner, broom and mop
- Hob, oven
- Microwave oven
- Fully equipped kitchen (no specialised appliances ie blender)
- Television (Smart) x 2, super fast wifi throughout
- Freeview box
Available on request:
What we provide during your stay:
- Bath and hand towels
- High-quality bed linen and pillows
- Toilet paper – 2 rolls per week
- Complementary mini soap and cotton wool make-up remover pads
- Full bed linen and towel changes for stays longer than a week
- Board games
What to bring:
- Beach / swimming towels
- Bath sheets should bath towels not be sufficient
- Linen for camp cot, should this be required
- Nearby Cafe, Pub and Community Shop
- 18 hole Golf course
‘THINGS TO DO’ AND ‘HOLIDAY EXTRAS’ PAGES
FOR MORE EXCITING WAYS TO ENHANCE YOUR HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE.