Fulmar is the most amazing house in a fantastic setting with a view that will entice you in whatever the weather! If you are looking for the ultimate excuse to gather family and friends for the perfect seaside escape, then head down to Fulmar – it is simply stunning! Set on a little patch of epic coast in the so-called forgotten corner of Cornwall, this beachside beauty wraps you in complete luxury whilst you soak in those breath-taking far reaching sea views.
Found in the pretty hamlet of Portwrinkle, the beach, historic harbour and coastal walks are a mere stone’s throw away, as is the Whitsand Bay golf course for those who want to put their handicap to the test. Want to indulge in some good old Cornish hospitality? The village pub is a 10 minute stroll up the hill.
You’ll while away your days gathered in the open plan living-room with bi-folding doors so you can soak in that view, relaxing on the balconies enjoying a good holiday read, lazing in the hot tub on the roof terrace with the ultimate bird’s eye view of this most stunning of settings or enjoying fun-filled hours on the local beaches – it is quite magical.
The large double berth garage doors open up to a fantastic games room, with full size ping pong table and air hockey table meaning that the kids can be pulled off the sofa on those more blustery days. There is also an area to leave your wetsuits, boards and bikes. The utility room can also be found here with a washing machine and indoor drying facilities as well as any cleaning equipment that you may need during your stay. Through the front door on the ground floor is also a lobby room where you can leave your coats and boots and slip into something more comfortable. This is also where you will find the ground floor access to the lift, something that is a blessing if you have mobility issues, lots of shopping or are simply tired! The lift stops on the 1st and 2nd floors.
On the first floor are three out of five bedrooms. The master bedroom, with a comfortable king size bed,on the far end has an en-suite bathroom boasting a large bath, plenty of space for two, and hand held shower. The next two bedrooms can be made into two singles (twin) or a king sized bed. These rooms share the second or family bathroom which has both a standalone shower and a bath. All the bedrooms have sliding doors onto a full or Juliette balcony which faces out onto the ocean.
The second floor opens on to a stunning open plan living and kitchen area with bi-fold balcony doors and stunning ocean views. You may find that this beautiful room is where you will spend most of your time. It is light and airy, and makes you feel that you are outside in the open air, whilst having all your creature comforts around you. There are three large sofas, a coffee table, a dining table with seating for 10, and the large kitchen equipped with but not limited to a 5 ring induction hob and oven, microwave combi oven, coffee cafe tier and percolator, also a large fridge/freezer and kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery and pots and pans.
Also on this floor is a bedroom with double bed and adjoining bathroom with a large free standing shower. Further up the stairs is the snug room with a 55 inch television and lots of games for all the family. The comfortable 3 function day bed acts as a sofa that pulls out to make a king size bed, sleeping one or two extra guests, as well as a comfy beanbag on the floor. There is also a bathroom with a small shower next to this room.
All bathrooms also have toilets and washbasins.
To finish, there is a stunning Astroturf covered roof terrace with an al-fresco dining area and hot tub. This lovely terrace gives you spectacular ocean views and acts as a sun trap for those rays so you can relax on a sun lounger or in the hot tub with a glass of something cold and soak in the beauty of Portwrinkle.
- 5 bedrooms – Bedr1 – King, Bedr2 – Dbl or 2 x single, Bed3 – Dbl or 2 x single, Bedr4 – Dbl, Bed5 – 3 function day bed (Sofa, Dbl or Single)
- 4 bathrooms – Main bathroom en-suite bath only and handheld shower. Family bathroom – bath with hand held shower + separate shower. Bathroom 3 – Large shower. Bathroom 4 – Small shower. All bathrooms have toilets and wash basins
- Games room
- Private Lift – Ground to 1st and 2nd floor. Stairs to roof terrace and snug room.
- Private terrace and hot tub (PLEASE NOTE – NO BBQ’s are allowed)
- Sea views
- Private balconies
- Minutes walk to the beach
- Nearby Cafe, Pub, Community Shop and 18 hole golf course
- Utility area with washing machine & drying facilities
- Vacuum cleaner, broom and mop
- Hob, oven
- Microwave combi oven
- Fully equipped kitchen (no specialised appliances ie blender)
- Television (Smart), super fast wifi throughout
- Freeview box
- Hair dryer
- Ping pong table
- Air Hockey table
Available on request:
What we provide during your stay:
- Bath and hand towels
- Hot Tub towels
- High quality bed linen and pillows
- Toilet paper – 2 rolls per bathroom per week
- Complementary mini soap and cotton wool make-up remover pads
- Full bed linen and towel changes for stays longer than a week
- Winter – Slippers
- Board games
What to bring:
- Beach / swimming towels
- Bath sheets should bath towels not be sufficient
- Linen for camp cot, should this be required
- House shoes – slippers are only supplied in winter
- Nearby Cafe, Pub and Community Shop
- 18 hole Golf course
‘THINGS TO DO‘ AND ‘HOLIDAY EXTRAS‘ PAGES
FOR MORE EXCITING WAYS TO ENHANCE YOUR HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE.